Sunday, August 8, 2010

ADIEUS SUMMER

Summer came and went, well almost. The season might still be Summer, but the lazy days, the sleeping in, follow own schedules--it's all over, as of this Monday. Monday is the last day of semi-freedom, and then on to living my life by the clock. The alarm will go off at 5:15, get out of bed at 5:30, morning tea, shower/dress, short prayer, breakfast, off to work Am I ready? I think so. It has been a great relaxing summer; a mixture of rest, fulfilment, and family time. The Summer heat just came in spells, Southern California weather often switching between Summer and Fall, confusing my plants.

Back to being ready to go back to school. I though I'd aid the process a bit by shopping for some new rags. That always helps the mind-set. What an exercise in frustration and futility. Has anyone tried to find a pair of decent pants lately? Some forces seem to be conspiring against me ever owning any decent clothes. I have to buy Petites, and if you ever go into a petite section, the discrimination against short people is GLARING! The section is less than 2% the size of "Regulars". Then, if you do find some pants and try them on, they grind and groan, and stop at your hips. I thought pants were supposed to fit around one's waist! And then you look down, and your legs look like sausages, prepared by a novice, with lumps sticking out in unseemly places. Disgusted, you decide you'll just stick to your old pants, but buy some new tops. Not much luck there, either.  Anything and everything that is half-way decent is made for women over 5.9" tall, weighing a hundred pounds! People like me? I think we'll just have to do with other people's discards and pretend like they are stylish and flattering. I still had to buy something; everyone else goes shopping for going back to school. So, I buy shoes, and more shoes! I can still find some that  fit right, look good, are comfortable and make me feel good! So, folks I think I'll just wear "Moo Moos", but a nice new pair of shoes, every day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment